It's Been a Great Season

It's Been a Great Season
PTC Ball 2011

Tuesday, October 4, 2011

I am currently suffering from a three-pronged undermining condition.  I imagine it to look much like the Devil's pitchfork.  The three issues are boredom, illness, and challenge.  Although challenge usually appears as a friend, it can also morph into this rubber wall of lack of belief.

This week, I'm on holidays, which also means that I have gotten my usual holiday viruses.  You know the drill.  Body lets down, relaxes or, really, is just worn out.  Everyone in the family has some virus that they've brought home from different places.  We are all shuttered together in a rain-induced and damp castle.  We exchange viruses and it takes us most of the holiday to get over them.  It happens every time.

Anyway, also each time i get to the training facility, I am initially tired and bored to the extent that I am continually glancing at the clock to see how much more time we have in the training session.  I am unmotivated.  in addition, my mind keeps telling me that I hate this and i just want to go home and have a simpler (read sedentary) life.  ughhh!  what's happened to my drive?  What's happened to the enjoyment?

Of course, i am getting satisfaction from improving in my training and from completing each session.  but, psychologically, it is very hard work.  There's hardly any fun in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment